my opinion on 3 sites for quality help
Digital Scrapbooking Tutorials - Here you'll find quality help for Photoshop,
Photoshop Pro, Photoshop Elements, Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2, and
Microsoft Digital Image. I'll tell you what I like about each site and
give you links to find each one.
If you're new here, I want to encourage you not to get overwhelmed by all this good stuff. You won't be able to learn digital scrapping in an hour or a day. It'll take time, so set your timer and do a little bit at a time. Don't try to digest all this at once. I've been scrappin' for years (paper kind) and am still fairly new to digital as of this year, but there are some super cool things about it. Check out my beginners page if you just want some basic info. Or you might want to sign up for my ezine for ongoing encouragment, ideas and tips. I take a babystep approach to all this because it is SOO easy to just get overwhelmed and not do anything. Even for me who has been doing paper scrappin' forever. Ok, enough of that...if you're just here for tutorials and you want to skip all the emotional rah rah...scroll down and you'll find them....
Digital Scrapbooking Tutorials 1 -
Most of the tutorials here are for Photoshop or Photoshop Pro. Here are the things I like about these turorials:
- They are very organized and easy to access.
- They are in a very detailed, step-by-step written format (with screenshots) not video...some of you might like that. I think I like video for the hands- on approach but at the same time it would be nice to be able to just flip back and forth between windows and not have to stop and start and rewind a video
- There is a search box.
- You'll also find an abbreviation legend so you'll know what they are talking about.
- There are tutorials on creating elements yourself. So if you are super ambitious or creative, you can create the perfect embellishment. I hesitate to say perfect being a flybaby and all but some of you might like that. Someday I might play with that but right now I'm sticking to the basics.
Digital Scrapbooking Tutorials 2 - TwoPeasinaBucket.com This site gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. : ) Maybe it is because the girl that writes one of my favorite blogs hangs out here or maybe it is because I did my first layout using a digi class from Two Peas. I'm not sure, but I just like it!
- Beginners – you'll find a 5 part series on the basics of digital scrapbooking for Photoshop Elements.
- There is also a search box so if know what you want to learn, you can find it.
- These are also in a written/screen shot format. Most of the tutorials I've tried so far are the video kind. I'd like to try some of these, though, so you can join me over at the blog to see what I try.
- One of the things I like is the way their tutorials are arranged with titles but also photos of the type of thing it will teach you. Digitalscrapbookplace.com's tutorials are in text link format which is also good for keeping it uncluttered but I just like the artsy photo approach at TwoPeas.
Digital Scrapbooking Tutorials 3 - CottageArts.com - This website has a similar feel to Two Peas. Their tutorials are laid out in a very uncluttered list format . You'll find tutorials for:
Adobe Photoshop Elements
Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2
Microsoft Digital Image